Scrumptious Chicken Salad


1 - 2 chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized chunks
1 Fuji apple, diced
1 cup grapes, halved
1/4 red onion, minced
1 stalk celery, minced
1/4 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
3 - 4 T real mayonnaise 
1 - 2 T Dijon mustard
1 T white wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
handful of chopped fresh cilantro and parsley 
salt and pepper

Vary the amount of condiments and chicken to your liking. I like more fruit than meat. Mix everything well and refrigerate for at least an hour or so in the fridge, but the longer the better. But I've eaten it immediately with good results too ;)


Special Tidbits

I highly recommend Bell & Evans chicken!
This is great on soft marble rye or tucked into a whole wheat wrap with some fresh mixed greens. For party h'orderves, dice everything very small and serve on multigrain crackers or in small romaine or endive leaves.

Today I used leftover chicken that I grilled outside with the skin on and the flavor is remarkably intense and smoky. I usually use oven roasted chicken, but you could use leftover rotisserie chicken, or poached/roasted skinless breast.

Comments

  1. Thank you for recommendation on the chicken will have to get some next time I'm at whole foods :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts