Sweet and Salty Indoor S'more

I had a craving for something sweet late last night with nothing particularly tasty in the house. Then I remembered I had the makings for s'mores, but wasn't about to go start a fire. Once again, my invaluable toaster oven to the rescue--using less energy and generating less heat in the kitchen. Of course you can use a regular oven on the broil setting.


For each s'more -

1 graham cracker, halved
1 large marshmallow

10-12 semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pretzel twist, broken into small pieces


Preheat toaster oven on "toast" setting to 450°. Place the marshmallow on one half of the graham cracker and toast for 1-3 minutes until golden brown (or burnt, if you like it that way).

Meanwhile, place chips and pretzel bits on the other half. This half only needs warmed up for 30 seconds or so, just to soften the chocolate chips ever so slightly.


Join the two halves and enjoy. It is like a rich and crispy chocolate chip cookie. It's perfect for breakfast too-with strong black coffee. I think I'll add some peanut butter next time...

Comments

Popular Posts