Deviled Eggs

 

Ingredients


6 hard boiled eggs
1-2 T apple cider vinegar
1-2 T mayonnaise
1-2 T raw honey
1-2 t  mustard (yellow or Dijon)


Instructions

Boil your eggs using your favorite method. I always have fresh eggs from my hens, which are notorious for being hard to peel. I like to add eggs to a pan and cover with cold water and a pinch of baking soda. Then bring to a rolling boil, remove from heat and set a timer for 12 minutes. I pour water out, but keep eggs in the pan, with the lid, and give a vigorous shake to crack them. Then add ice cold water. The secret is to allow water to get in under the shell and membrane, making for easy removal.  Slice eggs in half lengthwise and separate yolks. Mash the yolks with a fork and add remaining ingredients and blend well. Personally I like to play with the ingredients to get the flavor right. Sometimes I want it sweet and others tart. I recommend starting with less of the ingredients and adding more to taste. The yolk filling can be simply spooned in--I have used a small cookie dough scoop. Or you can get a piping bag with fancy tips to make them look extra fabulous for a party!



These are fantastic in a Cobb Salad and no
thing complements a BLT better than tangy deviled eggs!




The possibilities are endless!
                      



Comments

Popular Posts